What You'll Need
For Award or Centerpiece:
-- Male doll with plastic hair
-- Super Glue (or other quick-drying, extra-strong glue)
-- Finishing nails
-- 3-1/2-inch-diameter PVC pipe
-- E6000 adhesive
-- Metallic gold spray paint
-- 4-inch-diameter wooden plaque
-- Glossy photo paper
-- Heavy paper plate
-- Floral-foam half circle
-- Artificial red roses
How to Make It
- Glue the doll's calves and heels together with Super Glue; let dry. Glue the bottoms of the doll's feet to the center of the wooden plaque; let dry. Reinforce the doll by nailing through the bottom of the plaque into the bottoms of the doll's feet.
- Using a hacksaw, cut a 2-inch-wide cross section from PVC pipe. Glue the cross section to the bottom of the wooden plaque with E6000 adhesive.
- Spray-paint the doll, the wooden plaque, and the PVC pipe metallic gold. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Print label onto glossy photo paper, cut it out, and use a glue stick to attach it to the base of the award.
- To create a level surface for the floral arrangement, extend the doll's arms above its head. Mark a level cutting line through the doll's arms and across the forehead. Using a hacksaw, cut along the line. Follow the instructions for the Award to assemble and paint the base and the doll.
- Glue the floral-foam half circle to the center of the paper plate; allow to dry.
- Insert artificial red roses into the foam to make a mound. Glue the plate to the top of the doll's head and to the ends of the arms; let dry.