Make Spooky Spiders for Halloween
These foam-ball spiders are so simple to make, you'll have them crawling all over your Halloween fright fest.
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Our instructions are for a large spider. Make spiders in other sizes to hang around the room or to sit on the table.
- To fit the head to the body, cut off about 1/4 of the 3-inch foam ball, and then trace around the cut area onto the 6-inch ball for positioning. Cut off the area on the "body" ball to create a flat surface. With toothpicks and foam glue, adhere the head to the body.
- Paint the head, body, and feet with acrylic crafts paint. Let the paint dry thoroughly.
- For the legs, bend black chenille stems to shape. Poke one end of each into a painted 1-inch ball and push the opposite end into the spider body. For added strength, dip the end of the chenille stems into foam glue before pushing them into the foam ball.
- Glue the wiggly eyes in place. For the mouth, cut and curve a small piece of orange chenille stem. Bend back 3/8 inch at each end of the smile and push the ends into the head, securing with a dot of foam glue.