The trick to these treat bags is the funky faces that make them too cute to toss. Sure, the treats inside may be what the kids crave, but with kooky faces the bags are a party favor instead of a party frightener.
- Two 1-x-1/2-inch-diameter silver-rimmed tags
- Markers: hot pink and black
- Buttons: two 3/4-inch-diameter green-and-white and one 1/2-inch-diameter blue heart
- Crafts glue
- Glue stick
- Double-stick tape
- Scrap of pink plaid fabric
- Scissors: pinking shears and scallop-edge
- Scrap of pink wool felt
- Papers: fuchsia card stock, pink polka-dot, and orange tissue
- 8-x-10-1/2-inch lime-green gift bag
- Green chenille stem
- Two 1/2-inch hot pink pom-poms
1. For the eyes, use the hot pink marker to color one side of each silver-rimmed tag. Glue a green-and-white button on each tag.
2. Cut a large triangle-shape nose from pink plaid fabric. Cut a small heart from the pink felt for the mouth. Glue the heart button on the felt heart.
3. From fuchsia card stock, cut a 5-inch tall triangle for a hat, an 8-inch long wedge for the hat brim, and a 1/2-x-9-inch strip for the dress trim, using pinking shears on the curved edge of the brim and both long edges of the dress trim.
4. Cut two pink polka-dot triangles for the bottom corners of the bag; curve the inside edge of each triangle with a scallop-edge scissors. Cut a 2-1/4-x-12-inch piece of orange tissue paper for the dress.
5. Lay the bag flat on a work surface with the front side up. Referring to the photograph as a guide, arrange the eyes, nose, and mouth on the bag. Position the hat on the bag, overlapping the bottom edge of the hat with the hat brim.
6. Align the polka-dot triangle with the bottom and side edges of the bag. Pinch gathers in one long edge of the orange tissue paper dress to fit the width of the bag. Secure in place with crafts glue, a glue stick, or double-stick tape.
7. Adhere only the gathered edge of the dress to the bag; adhere the fuchsia dress trim over the top edge of the dress.
8. Cut the chenille stem into a long and a short piece; make a large bow and a small bow with the pieces. Adhere the large bow to the hat and the small bow to the dress trim.
9. Glue pom-pom nostrils on the nose.
10. Use the hot pink marker to make cheeks and the black marker to draw eyelashes.
Continued on page 3: Bride of Frankenstein Treat Bag