Mr. Pumpkin Head Game for Kids' Halloween Party
Entertain young Halloween party guests with a Mr. Potato Head-style game you create from small pumpkins and preassembled parts.
How to Make It
Note: If you are planning this activity for a party, make multiple pumpkins, facial features, and hats. Then let your guests assemble their pumpkins.
1. Paint the artificial pumpkins in desired colors; let dry.
2. Cut out a variety of eye, nose, and mouth pieces from assorted felt and cardstock. Adhere the layers together using fabric glue. Add gems or pom-poms for pupils.
3. Hot-glue fabric dots to the backs of the facial features.
4. Hot-glue fabric dots to the pumpkins -- in locations that lend themselves to face designs.
5. To make a cone-shape hat, trace a circle (about the size of a salad plate) on felt. Cut out the circle, then cut it in half. Roll one half into a cone shape, and secure the edges with fabric glue. Decorate with assorted ribbon and trim.