Make Plastic-Plate Ghoulies for Halloween
With colorful plates and papers, even the youngest artists will take home a Halloween character for their rooms.
What You'll Need
- Snack-size plastic plates: black, blue, green, orange
- Crafts foam in your favorite colors
- Dimensional paint
- Scrapbook papers: plain and printed
- Gem-Tac glue, double-stick tape, or glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Wiggly eyes
- White cloth floral wire (cat's whiskers)
- Rickrack (cat's mouth)
- Scissors, stapler
How to Make It
- Referring to the photo for the basic shapes, cut the bat wings from foam and add details with dimensional paint. Let it dry.
- Use two plates per figure. Cut one in half following the curve. Staple, glue, or double-stick tape it onto an uncut plate, matching the edges.
- Cut four matching strips of paper, and crease them into "accordion" folds for arms and legs. Glue, tape, or staple them to the back of the paper plate. Finally, glue on eyes, ears, wings, etc. Curl wire to form the cat's whiskers and glue them under the cat's nose.