What You'll Need
- Lidded glass containers in a variety of sizes
- Glitter felt; orange and black
- Felt; black, purple, orange, yellow, red
- Plastic-foam balls (we used Styrofoam balls);
4-inch (Dracula), 3-inch (cat), 2-inch (bat)
- Acrylic paint: black, blue, green, pink
- Black dimensional crafts paint
- Crafts foam: black, green, white, purple
- Small black buttons
- Green florist cloth wire (cat whiskers)
- Wiggly eyes
- Glue gun and low-temperature hotmelt adhesive
How to Make It
- Referring to the photos for color choices, cover the jar lids with felt. Cut a circle from felt about 2 inches larger than the diameter of the lid. Glue the felt to the top, and then cut slits in the felt all around the edge. Fold down and glue the cut felt to the edge of the lids; trim off excess fabric.
- Paint the foam balls and let them dry. Cut off the bottoms to flatten. Then glue them to the tops of the jars.
- Paint Dracula's cheeks pink and let the paint dry. Add a mouth to both the bat and to Dracula using dimensional black paint. From green foam, cut the cat's mouth and add the details with the dimensional black paint. Set it aside to dry.
- From foam and glitter felt, cut ears, mouths, hair, noses, teeth, and wings. Attach them to the heads with hotmelt adhesive.
- Measure the Dracula jar and cut glitter fabric for the cape that wraps halfway around the lid. Glue it to the lid. For his bow tie, cut and tie a 2-x-4-inch piece of red felt. Glue it in place.
- Wrap orange glitter felt around the jar, overlapping ends at the front. Cut points at the overlap to resemble a vest front. Glue it to the jar, and then glue small black buttons down the front.
- Cut out six 8-inch lengths of green florist's wire. Bend them into wavy shapes to form whiskers. Bend one end of each piece to a 90-degree angle, apply a small amount of adhesive to the end, and then push it into the foam ball under the cat's nose.
- Glue all wiggly eyes into place.