What You'll Need
- Large plastic plates: black, green, blue, orange, silver
- Foam wreath form (we used a Styrofoam wreath)
- Blue crafts foam
- Assorted papers
- Wiggly eyes
- Dimensional paint: black, yellow, orange
- Black rickrack
- White cloth florist's wire
- 1/2-inch pom-poms
- Gem-Tac glue or glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Scissors: regular and pinking
How to Make It
- For the basic wreath form, use a foam wreath or cut the ring from foam core or heavy cardboard.
- Cut shapes out of plastic plates for the bat, cat, Dracula, and pumpkin. From crafts foam and papers, cut out and glue on ears, wings, noses, etc. For the bat's nose, use a pom-pom.
- Apply dimensional paint to the bat's wings and mouth, to Dracula's cheeks, and to the cat's mouth. Let the paint dry thoroughly.
- Glue black rickrack to Dracula's collar. Use a small piece of the edge of a green plate for the pumpkin stem. Coil wire for the vine and glue it between the stem and orange plate. Glue wiggly eyes in place.
- Arrange the shapes on the form until the design pleases you. Glue the shapes in place with hotmelt adhesive. To add dimension between back and front figures, glue small Styrofoam spacers in between.