What You'll Need:
- Thick crafts glue
- Black-and-white scrapbook papers
- 2-1/4x3-1/4x1-1/4-inch slider boxes
- Black adhesive-backed oval felt frames (We used Felt Factory)
- Yellow poster board
- Stickers and transfers of letters and flourishes
- 3/4 yard of 7/8-inch-wide black silk or sheer ribbon (for each box)
How to Make It:
Prepare the Boxes
For each favor, glue paper around the outside of the box cover and to the ends of the box bottom, both inside and out.
Create the Oval
Trace the inside oval of the felt frame multiple times onto yellow poster board, leaving at least 1/2 inch between the shapes. Adhere lettering to spell out an expression (such as "Boo," "Eek," or "R.I.P.") inside the traced ovals, and add a flourish. Make color copies so you have one oval for each box. Cut the ovals 1/4 inch outside the traced lines. Remove the backing from the felt frames and adhere them to the paper ovals. Glue the ovals to the box lids.
Finishing the Favors
Fill the boxes with treats. Tie the ribbons into bows (for table favors) or into hanging loops (for ornaments).