From the moment they receive their imaginative invitations, party guests will know they're in for an unforgettable night of chills and surprises. You can make these three invitations using only a few supplies from around the house.
1. Fold the purple paper in half. Bring the short ends together. Using our photo as a guide, glue the black piece of paper onto one side of the purple paper at an angle.
2. Print or cut out the words. Use a computer to print each word in a different font. Make the word "please" approximately 1/4 inch high. Make the remaining words and exclamation point between 1/2 and 1-1/8 inches high. If a computer is not available, clip the letters or entire words from magazines. Glue the words in place.
3. Write your message. Use the black marking pen to write the party information on the inside of the card.
1. Download the free pattern. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Trace head and face patterns. Use tracing paper and cut out. The silver and black lines will be drawn with marking pens. Trace around head and center eye pupil patterns on black paper, eyes on yellow, and teeth on white. Cut out.
3. Glue black head shape. Make sure head is in the center of postcard. Add yellow eyes, black pupils, and white teeth. Apply a red sticker to make the nose.
4. Use a black marking pen. Draw in teeth lines, stars, dots, and swirls as shown on pattern. Use a silver pen to draw in whiskers and lines in eyes. Color in stars and one tooth. Add silver dots on top of black dots and in the center of swirls.
5. Check your party information. Write party information on back side of card.
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires free Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Trace the patterns. Use tracing paper and cut out. The silver and black lines will be drawn with marking pens. Fold a piece of black paper in half, bringing the short ends together. Trace around the card shape on the folded piece of black paper. Trace around the bow-tie shape on orange and the skeleton head on white. Cut out shapes. Cut a 3-3/4 x 5/8-inch strip from yellow paper.
3. Glue the head shape. Place head approximately 1/4 inch from the top of the card. Use the silver pen to draw in the arms and ribs.
4. Add the bow tie. Add small round and reinforcement stickers and small round stickers to the bow tie as desired. Trim or fold under stickers that hang over the edge of the bow tie. Glue the bow tie to the bottom of the head. Glue the yellow paper strip to the bottom of the card.
5. Use a black marking pen. Draw in face details and lettering. On the inside, write "And somewhere to go!" with a silver pen. Add the details to the eyes using the silver pen.
6. Check your party information. Write the invitation information on the inside of the card.