What You'll Need:
in the yard for all to see and
- 4 x 4-foot 1/2-inch-thick exterior fir plywood
- Exterior paints in bright orange, dark orange, and black
- 1 x 4 x 30-inch fir board
- 1 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch butt hinge with screws
- 16-inch light-duty chain with two 1/2-inch-long screws to fit
- Drill and drill bit
- 24 inches of No. 9 wire
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. For the pumpkin board, enlarge the pumpkin pattern, and trace onto plywood. Cut out with jigsaw. Cut out eyes, nose, and mouth. Sand the edges. Paint the entire pumpkin bright orange. Let dry. Paint the lines around the eyes black and the remaining lines dark orange.
3. Attach the fir board to back at top edge using hinge. Screw chain between brace and pumpkin at bottom edge. Drill holes in pumpkin 1 1/2 inches from top and 4 inches from sides. Attach wire through the holes.