Beanbag-Toss Buckets for Kids' Halloween Party
Use these paper-and-felt-decorated paint cans for a simple game of beanbag toss at a children's Halloween party.
What You'll Need
- Clean, empty 1-gallon paint cans (available at crafts stores)
- Assorted scrapbooking papers, fabric ribbon, and trims
- Solid and textured wool felt (brown and yellow)
- Orange paper
- Mod Podge decoupage medium
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesives
- Fabric glue
- 1-inch circle paper punch
- Circle paper punches or circle stencils
- Googly eyes in two different sizes
- Number stencils
- Pyramid beanbags
How to Make It
Note: To attach various materials to the can: Use decoupage medium to adhere paper, use a glue gun and hotmelt adhesive to secure ribbon, and use fabric glue to attach fabric pieces.
1. Download free owl pattern.
2. Cut two pieces of scrapbooking paper to wrap around the can. Before attaching the paper, draw around the handle of the can and punch or cut half-circles in the scrapbooking paper on each side for the handle.
3. Adhere the paper around the can, aligning the half-circles with the handle. Glue fabric ribbons and trims around the top and bottom of the can.
4. For the owl shape, trace the body and tail pattern onto brown felt. Cut and hot-glue ribbon along the outline of the tail; attach tail under the edge of body. From yellow felt, cut two wings; from orange paper, cut one belly. From felt or paper, cut or punch circle eye pieces. Assemble the owl, and glue different-size googly eyes on the eye pieces. From yellow and white felt, cut two irregular triangles for the beak; glue together. Glue the wings and belly to the owl body first, then layer on the eyes and beak. Cut a number from two colors of paper, making one larger than the other. Layer them together and attach to the owl tail.
5. Glue the owl to the bucket, letting the tail hang below the bottom edge.
6. Make five different buckets and number them 1 through 5.
7. Line up the buckets and have players stand a short distance away on a designated line to toss the beanbags in the buckets. If a beanbag makes it into a bucket, the player receives the amount of points indicated on the owl's tail.