Batty Halloween Card
Transform colorful paper into this s-c-a-a-a-r-y greeting card.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need:
- Tracing paper
- Black, blue, and orange art papers
- Small-hole punch
- Compass or circle cutter
- Crafts glue
- 5-3/4 x 4-3/8-inch transparent envelope (optional)
2. Trace around the bat shapes. Use the black art paper; cut out the shapes.
3. Use the small-hole punch. Punch the large bat's eyes and mouth.
4. Take your blue art paper. From the blue art paper, cut one 4 1/4 x 11" rectangle; fold it in half to measure 4 1/4 x 5 1/2".
5. Use a compass or circle cutter. Draw two 3-1/2 inch-diameter circles on the orange art paper for the moons; cut out the circles.
6. Glue one moon to the card front. Refer to the photo for placement. Apply glue to the small bat's body and 1/4 inch out onto each wing; position the bat on the card front.
7. Fold the second moon off-center. Glue the moon inside the card, aligning the folds.
8. Fold the large bat. Bring the wing tips together, and crease from the tail to the bottom of the head as shown on the pattern.
9. Crease the head. Fold in the opposite direction of the body fold, tucking the head between the wings.
10. Position the folded bat. Place bat inside the card with the tips of the wings 1/4 inch from the edges of the card. Glue the wing tips to the card.
11. Use black ink. Black ink is great to add your message. If you like, place the card in a transparent envelope for hand-delivery to your friends.