Alice in Wonderland Party Invitations
Invite guests to an Alice in Wonderland-theme Halloween party with these handmade invitations that will remind them not to be late for this very important date.
-- "A Mad Tea Party" invitation, downloaded
-- Cardstock: white, turquoise, coral, brown, and ivory
-- Small scalloped-edge scissors
-- Large scalloped-edge scissors
-- Glue stick
-- Tiny hole punch or upholstery needle
-- Large eye needle
-- String or embroidery thread
-- Alphabet stamps
-- Brown ink pad
-- Stapler and staples
For the invitation:
1. Print the downloaded invitation, sized to 4-1/2x6-1/2 inches, onto white cardstock. Cut out using small scalloped-edge scissors, leaving a 1/8-inch border.
2. With large scalloped-edge scissors, cut a turquoise cardstock rectangle 1/4-inch larger than the invitation. Layer a straight-cut coral cardstock rectangle behind the turquoise layer. Note: Be sure the final invitation is just under 5x7 inches so it fits into the envelope.
3. Glue the three rectangles together.
For the envelope:
1. Cut one 7x5-inch and one 7/8-inch brown cardstock rectangle. Cut another rectangle 7x8 inches. Score and fold the larger rectangle at 3 inches.
2. Measure 2 inches inside one edge and cut a triangular shape to create a squared-off envelope flap.
3. Use the hole punch or upholstery needle to make holes along the sides and lower edge of the envelope.
4. Whipstitch envelope edges closed with a needle and string or embroidery thread.
For the tags:
Cut tea bag shapes from ivory cardstock. Use alphabet stamps and brown ink to stamp "Mad Tea" on tags. Cut string into 2-inch lengths. And staple string pieces to tea bag tags and envelope.