- White garland
- Spray paint: Krylon Interior-Exterior Ultra Flat Black (1602) and Interior-Exterior Pumpkin Orange (2411), and Home Decor Plum Royale (7406)
- Krylon Snap & Spray can gun (optional)
- Large artificial leaves
- Glitter: 2 shades of purple, orange, and black
- 4-inch-tall wooden letters to spell "Trick or Treat"
- Matte finish spray
- Glass ball ornaments: 2- and 4-inch-diameter in assorted colors
- Craft tape in circle shapes
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- 4-inch-wide purple ribbon
- Spray-paint the garland black, following the manufacturer's instructions and using the Snap & Spray can gun for ease in spraying if desired.
- Spray-paint the leaves purple and immediately sprinkle glitter onto the wet paint, coating an equal number of leaves in each of the two purple shades.
- Spray-paint the wooden letters orange and immediately sprinkle orange glitter onto the wet paint. When the paint is completely dry, spray the leaves and the letters with matte finish.
- To dot the ornaments, remove the craft-tape circle shapes one at a time from the backing sheet and press onto the ornaments in a random fashion.
- Peel off the red liner from each shape and sprinkle black glitter onto each circle, pressing the glitter down with a fingertip if a smooth finish is desired.
- Cut a 12-inch length of wire for each letter. Fold a wire in half and twist the wire around itself about 1/4 inch from the fold, creating a small loop. With the wire ends upward, hot-glue a loop to the center top on the back of each letter. Repeat for each wire and ornament.
- Drape and weave the ribbon over the front of the garland and wire in place.
- Position the letters to hang from the garland and secure the wires. Arrange the leaves and ornaments on the garland. When pleased with the arrangement, wire the ornaments and leaves in place.
Continued on page 2: