If you're tired of the same ho-hum jack-o'-lantern by the front door, these bold pumpkins in nontraditional colors will wake up the neighborhood. The combo of bright colors, polka dots, and glitter adds glam to artificial pumpkins.
- Artificial carvable pumpkins
- Spray paint: Krylon Osha Safety Green (2012), Home Decor Plum Royale (7406), Short Cuts Hot Pink (SCS-039), and Interior-Exterior Pumpkin Orange (2411)
- Black acrylic paint
- Craft tape in circle shapes
- Black glitter
- Matte finish spray
- Spray-paint each of the pumpkins the desired color, following the manufacturer's instructions. Paint the stem black; let dry.
- To add dots, remove the craft-tape circle shapes one at a time from the backing sheet and press onto the pumpkins in a random fashion.
- Peel off the red liner from each shape and sprinkle glitter onto the circle, pressing the glitter down with your fingertip if desired.
- Spray all surfaces of the pumpkins with matte finish.
Continued on page 4: Pumpkin Rug