- Tracing paper
- Permanent marker
- Clean empty tin cans
- Hammer and large nail
- Spray paint: orange and black
- Tea-light candles
- Using tracing paper, trace the pumpkin face or bat patterns (download below), or make your own design. Transfer the pattern of your choice to a clean tin can; go over the transferred pattern with a permanent marker. Fill the tin can with water; place it in the freezer. When the water in the can is frozen, remove the can from the freezer.
- Use a hammer and nail to puncture the design in the can. Punch two holes in the rim of the can on opposite sides, centering the design between the two holes. Let the ice melt; allow the can to dry completely.
- Cut a 16-inch length of wire. Insert one end of the wire into a hole in the rim; twist the end of the wire around the wire length. Insert the other wire end through the other hole in the rim, securing the wire in the same manner.
- Spray paint the pumpkin can orange and the bat can black. Let the paint dry. Place a tea-light candle inside the can and hang securely from a branch or garden hook.