Create a startling scene in your front yard for Halloween with a raven of monstrous proportions.
1. Download and print our free pattern; enlarge to a desired size at a copy shop. (As shown, the raven is approximately 38-1/2 inches tall and 14-1/4 inches wide at the broadest part of its shoulders.)
2. Trace the pattern onto plywood. Use a jigsaw to cut out the raven shape; sand the edges and wipe away the dust with a tack cloth.
3. In a well-ventilated area, spray-paint the crow black and the large plastic eggs orange; let dry.
4. Measure from the crow's neck to the bottom of its feet and add 12 inches (which will be used to anchor the bird in the ground). Cut a piece of narrow PVC pipe to this length.
5. Attach the cut PVC pipe to the back of the bird with pipe straps and screws, letting the extra 12 inches of pipe extend below the bird's feet.
6. Carefully pound the PVC pipe into the ground until its feet rest on the ground.
7. Arrange the eggs in a large twig wreath.