Welcome Halloween visitors with a cheerful wreath of animated pumpkins.
Use our wreath for inspiration, but have fun making your own funny faces from lightweight clay. Drape the wreath with artificial spiderweb to complete the look.
What You Need:Silly or scary, decorate your wreath with fun faces.
- 10-inch wreath form of wire or foam, such as Styrofoam
- Wide masking tape
- Air-dry clay, such as Crayola Model Magic
- Rolling pin
- 2-inch to 3-1/2-inch round biscuit or cookie cutters
- Sharp knife
- Thick white crafts glue
- Acrylic paint in orange, yellow, black, and green
- Strong adhesive, such as E6000
- Black curling ribbon
- Artificial spiderweb
1. Using masking tape, wrap the wreath form until covered. Set aside.
2. To make pumpkins, roll out clay about 1/8 inch thick. Cut circles with various sizes of the round cutters. Work quickly as the clay dries fast. Keep extra clay tightly wrapped.
3. Distort the circles slightly by pulling into oblong shapes as desired. Use a knife to press curved lines into the pumpkins.
4. Form clay eyes, noses, and mouths. Cut rectangular shapes for stems. Position the pieces on the pumpkins. Use a toothpick and a dab of crafts glue to attach them. Cut simple leaf shapes. Use the knife to draw leaf veins.
5. After the clay is dry, paint the pumpkins orange, the stems green, and the facial features yellow and black. Let dry.
6. Generously apply adhesive to pumpkin backs and leaves. Attach to wreath form. Let dry.
7. To curl pieces of ribbon, hold scissors at an angle against ribbon, pulling ribbon taut against blade. Glue ribbons between the clay pieces. Let dry. Add spiderweb as desired.