Make Your Own Furry Spiders
Make your outdoor decor a little more frightening with these easy-to-make furry spiders.
0 did it
What You Need (for 2 Spiders)
- Plastic-foam ball for heads: 1-1/2-inch diameter
- Plastic-foam ball for bodies: 3-inch diameter
- Serrated knife
- Crafts knife
- 2 toothpicks
- Black acrylic crafts paint
- 4 green quilter's ball-head pins
- 8 black jumbo chenille stems
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Black feather boa: 36-inch
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Cut the 1-1/2-inch plastic foam balls in half using a serrated knife. Lay the flat edges of the heads on a cutting surface. Using a crafts knife, cut out a curved section from each head so the head curve smoothly fits the body curve.
- Insert a toothpick halfway into each head and centered in the neck curve. Push the rest of the toothpick into a body, aligning the flat sides. Add glue to secure the heads to the bodies; let dry. Paint the spiders with black acrylic paint; let dry.
- For eyes, push the ball-head pins into the heads at the front.
- Cut the chenille stems in half. Push one end of each leg into the underside edge of each spider body and bend outward. Drop a bit of glue on each leg where it joins the body. After the glue has dried, bend each leg at the knee and foot.
- Cut two 9-inch lengths from the black feather boa for each spider. Glue one length in a spiral on the back of each spider and the other length on the tummy of each.