What You Need
- Wooden dowel (1-inch-diameter, 36-inch-long), tree branch, and bamboo branch (each about 36 inches long) for broom handles
- Lavender acrylic crafts paint
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Willow twigs, bamboo, and decorative grass for broom brushes
- 3 pieces of black interfacing fabric: 2-x-10-inch strips
- Raffia and twine
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Paint the wooden dowel with lavender acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Sand with fine-grit sandpaper for a worn look.
- For each broom, choose the brush material you want. Lay the material across one length of interfacing fabric so that about the top 2 inches of brush material extend beyond the fabric; glue in place. Let dry.
- Wrap one end of the gathered brush material around one end of the broom handle, gluing it in place. Let dry.
- Wrap raffia or twine several times around the top of each broom brush and glue in place.