Make Some Spooky Signs
Mark the "parking lot" or the witch brew special with a sign made by printing on iron-on transfer paper and ironing it onto a painted stretched artist's canvas.
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Base-coat the fronts and sides of the stretched canvases with beige. Let dry.
- Mix a glaze using glaze medium and dark brown acrylic paint.
- Brush the glaze over the canvas, then, while it's still wet, dab the canvas with a crumpled piece of plastic wrap to create the effect of crinkled parchment.
- Leave the corners and edges darker than the center. Let dry.
- Spray with sealer.
- Use a computer and word-processing software to set up and print the lettering onto computer iron-on transfer paper.
- Iron the lettering transfer onto the signs following the manufacturer's instructions.