Make a Spooky Sign for Halloween
Use a foam cutter tool to make the letters and cut the cracks on this "store hours" sign for your Halloween scene.
What You'll Need
- 1-inch-thick, 12-x-16-inch STYROFOAM brand foam sheet
- Styro Wonder Cutter Plus
- Wood file
- Repositionable spray adhesive
- Dark gray interior latex paint in flat finish
- Foam trim roller
- Krylon Make It Stone Textured Paint: Charcoal Sand #18202
- Delta Ceramcoat acrylic crafts paints: Black #02506, White #02505, and Spice Brown #02049
- Delta Ceramcoat Faux Finish Glaze Base
- Household trim brush
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Cut the basic sign shape using the Styro Wonder Cutter. Use the wood file to round the edges.
- For the lettering, use a computer to create the "Open at Midnight" lettering in the font and size of your choice.
- Print out the lettering pattern and spray the back of the paper with repositionable spray adhesive.
- Paint the basic stone look following the instructions in Make Faux Tombstones for Halloween.
- Paint the aged granite look following the instructions in Make a D.M. Bones Monument for Halloween.