Make a Ghostly Garage
A garage door makes the perfect canvas for "painting" a Halloween scene. This temporary artwork is made from removable tape and craft foam.
How to Make It
Note: Test the tape in an inconspicuous area to ensure that the door's surface will not be damaged by the tape.
- For fence pickets, cut 36-inch lengths of 3-inch-wide black tape, shaping one end of each piece to a point.
- Place the picket strips 8 inches apart across the garage door, leaving an opening for the gate.
- Use a level to make sure the pickets are straight.
- For the gate, place the pickets 5 inches apart. Use 2-inch-wide black tape to run horizontal fence supports about one-third of the way up from the bottom of the door and one-third of the way down from the top of the pickets.
- Run a strip of tape diagonally across the gate. Either freehand-draw the cat and bat shapes or enlarge clip-art images to the desired size and trace them onto the crafts foam.
- Cut out the silhouettes; adhere loops of tape to their backs and press the silhouettes in place on the garage door.