Make a Faux Coffin for Halloween
No creepy cemetery would be complete without an old coffin. Build a coffin from plywood. Simple construction makes it easy to disassemble and store from year to year.
What You Need:
- Tape measure
- 1/2-inch-thick, 4 X 8-foot plywood sheet
- Circular saw
- Two 8-foot-long pieces trim molding
- Black spray paint
- Foam trim roller
- Dark Gray interior latex paint in flat finish
- 12 deck straps and screws
- Screwdriver appropriate for deck-strap screws
- Small brads
- Translucent floral spray paint: Glossy Woodtone
continue reading below
How To Make It:
- Using the tape measure, pencil, and long straightedge, measure and mark all pieces for the coffin on the plywood sheet. Cut out with the circular saw.
- Measure and cut trim-molding pieces to size. Spray-paint the deck straps black. Let dry.
- Use the foam trim roller to paint the coffin pieces and trim-molding pieces with dark gray. Let dry.
- Assemble the coffin using the deck straps. Apply the trim-molding pieces using the hammer and small brads.
- Spray the entire coffin randomly with Glossy Woodtone for an aged look.