Send your kid back to the Stone Age, armed with a child-safe club.
1. Paint fur. Spray-paint fake fur with stripes of gray and black as desired. Let the paint dry.
2. Cut fur. Cut a straight tunic front/back from painted fur. Cut a diamond shape in the center for the neck. Stitch side seams from bottom edge, leaving 10 inches open for each arm. Cut jagged points into the bottom.
3. Assemble necklace. For necklace, tie the center of one leather strip around one end of the bone. Knot ends.
4. Create arm bands. For arm bands, tie leather strips in crisscross fashion around the upper arms. Tie the ends.
5. Make club. For club, pad bat with crumpled newspapers. Secure in place with masking tape. Wrap the entire bat with tape, covering the papers. Spray the club with gray and brown paint.