Note: Enlarge downloadable Strong Man patterns as indicated. Cut the appliques from one of the T-shirts.
- Trace applique patterns the number of times indicated on one T-shirt and cut out; set scraps aside for another project. Sew darts in the appliques as indicated on the patterns.
- Pin and topstitch the pectoral and abs appliques to the front of the remaining T-shirt, sewing close to the edge of each applique and leaving a small opening for stuffing. Stuff each applique with fiberfill and topstitch the openings closed.
- Using a seam ripper, carefully open the seam allowance on each sleeve. Pin a deltoid applique at the center top of each sleeve with a bicep and a tricep applique, spaced 1 inch apart, just below. Sew, stuff, and finish in the same manner as directed for the other appliques. Resew the sleeve seams.
- Use squares of hook-and-loop fastening tape to secure the ribbon to the waistband. For the buckle, cut the larger oval, the letters, and the stars from black crafts foam and the smaller oval from gold glitter crafts foam. Press shapes in place. Use squares of hook-and-loop tape to fasten the buckle to the belt.
- For the weight, cut the nubs off the suction cups with garden shears. Screw a suction cup to each end of the dowel. Using plastic epoxy, adhere a rubber ball to each suction cup. Spray-paint the weight with two coats of black primer paint.
Get the patterns for this costume.