What You Need
- Black sweatshirt and pants
- 1 1/2 yards of gold-and-black dot metallic fabric
- Black fun fur
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Flat cotton hat
- Polyester fiberfill
How to Make It
- Lay out the sweatshirt on a flat surface and measure from the center to the end of one cuff.
- Enlarge and trace the wing pattern so it is as wide as this measurement. Fold over one cut end of the metallic fabric to create a double layer of fabric to accommodate the pattern. Cut out the wings through both layers; do not cut on the fold. Unfold the wings and tack the top corners to the cuffs of the sweatshirt.
- Enlarge and trace the yoke pattern to the size needed to cover the front of the sweatshirt. Make a second yoke pattern, trimming off about half of the length on the front of the pattern. Fold the remaining metallic fabric in half; cut out each yoke.
- Position the large yoke right side down on the sweatshirt front; then place the small yoke wrong side down on the first.
- Tack the yokes to the sweatshirt at the shoulders, the front and back neck edges, and the center bottom on the front. Tack the center top of the wings to the center bottom of the larger yoke.
- Hot-glue black fun fur around the top of the layered yokes to cover the neck edges.
- Cover the cap with a large piece of metallic fabric; fold the fabric to the inside of the cap and hot-glue in place.
- Cut out two triangular-shape ears from a double layer of metallic fabric. Sew the ears together in pairs, leaving the bottom edge open. Turn the ears right side out and stuff with fiberfill. Hand-sew the ears to the cap. Hot-glue a triangle of black fun fur to the front of each ear.