Flower Power Halloween Costume
Although it's fall, put a little spring in your trick-or-treater's step with a simply adorable flower Halloween costume.
How to Make It
- Paint coffee filters in various colors; let dry.
- Trim filters to 3- to 4-inch circles and layer three together; pinch each set of filters at the center to make a flower.
- Cut leaf shapes from tablecloths using the photo as a guide. Place two leaves (one of each size) underneath a flower. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make more flowers and leaves.
- Push a safety pin through the flower centers and leaves to secure them and use the pins to attach flowers around the shirt neckline and on the headband.
- Attach a bee pin to one of the flowers on the neckline if desired.
- For each shoe: Make parallel stripes, about 1/2 inch apart, on the sides of a shoe with black tape. Adhere two googly eyes to the toe. Bend a 6-inch piece of chenille stem in half to make antennae and tape about 1/2 inch above the eyes. Hot-glue a pom-pom to each end of the chenille stem.
- Cut two 4-inch-long teardrop shapes from Bubble Wrap; tape them to the inside of the shoe for wings.