What You Need:
- White construction paper, 1-1/2-inches wide by about 22-inches long
- Red construction paper and blue construction paper, each piece 1/2-inch wide by about 22-inches long
- 6 - 8 plastic straws
- 30 - 36 metallic chenille sticks in a variety of colors
1. Glue each colored strip to an outside edge of the white strip. Cut straws into 3-inch lengths. Cut chenille sticks into 2-1/2-inch lengths. Insert three sticks, each a different color, into each straw. Twist and spread them.
2. Tape the straws to the back of the band about an inch apart. Ask someone to help you fit the band around your head, and tape it in place.