Your little one will create quite a buzz wearing these bold stripes.
The tabard pattern can easily be enlarged for a matching adult version.
1. Download the patterns. (Requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut out patterns. Enlarge and trace patterns, right. Cut two tabards from interfacing and four from black felt. Cut two stingers from yellow felt.
3. Secure tabards. Layer the interfacing tabards between felt tabards, using spray adhesive to temporarily secure layers. Machine-zigzag around neck and outer edges.
4. Add yellow strips. Cut six 3x22-inch yellow felt strips. Glue strips to tabard as indicated on pattern. Trim ends to match tabard. Glue yellow rickrack around neck and outer edges. Stitch an 18-inch-long piece of yellow rickrack to each side at the Xs to make ties.
5. Add stinger. Glue stinger points together, sandwiching one end of a chenille stem between. Stitch remaining end of chenille stem to dot on tabard back.
6. Add antennae. For antennae, twist one end of each remaining chenille stem around tip of headband. Glue a pom-pom to each tip. Let dry.