No one will fear this nocturnal nymph that has a wingspan larger than any bat around.
- Fold the fabric in half to form a triangle. Using the photograph for inspiration, draw lines for the wings.
- Cut out the wings through both layers using the diagram for inspiration. (Downloading diagram requires free Adobe Acrobat.) Cut out a center circle for the neck. Adjust size of cape at the arms and head opening according to the child.
- Fuse facing inside the neck opening. Make small slits in neck facing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Thread elastic through the slits; adjust to fit.
- For trim, stitch a single row of silver sequin trim along each line in the wing front and back. Stitch red sequin trim around the bottom edge.
- Fit cape wings on the child. Sew two sets of black buttons at the underarm through both layers to secure the cape on the arms.