What You'll Need:
- Lavender leotard
- Silk flowers (pulled from silk flower stems)
- Needle and thread
- Small round pearl beads
- 1/8 yard lavender tulle
- Satin-covered plain headband
- Five large lavender pearl beads
- 24-gauge crafts wire
- Assorted iridescent clear plastic beads
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Clear rhinestones
- Lingerie elastic
- Assorted 1/8- to 1/2-inch wide silk ribbons in lavender, white, and purple
- 1-1/3 yards of 1/2-inch wide lavender silk ribbon
How to Make It:
1. Decorate the leotard. Use needle and thread to hand-stitch nine silk flowers to the neckline of the leotard. Sew a small round pearl bead to the center of each flower.
2. For the headband, fold the tulle to fit the center portion of the satin headband. String five large lavender pearl beads onto a 12-inch length of wire. Wrap one end of the wire around one end of the headband, catching the tulle under the wire as you wrap. Continue wrapping, securing the rest of the tulle in place and positioning a single tulle layer on the band with each wrap. Twist the length of the wire to the opposite end of the headband, catching tulle as you go. Cut a 16-inch length of wire, and wrap one end around the first pearl bead. String a sequence of nine iridescent beads onto the wire. Pass the beaded wire under the next pearl bead on the strand; add nine more iridescent beads, passing the wire under the next wrapped pearl bead each time. Wrap the end of the beaded wire around the last pearl bead. Shape each section of nine beads into points to make a tiara. Hot-glue silk flowers to the headband edge to cover the wire wraps. Hot-glue rhinestones to the flower centers.
3. To make each wristband, wrap elastic around your child's wrist and cut it at a comfortable length. Hand-stitch the elastic ends together to form a loop. Cut five ribbons 1-1/2 to 2 feet long. Thread the ribbon ends onto the needle; add a silk flower and bead, and push the needle back through the flower and through the elastic, securing all the pieces to the elastic. Repeat for the second wristband.
4. For the slippers, cut two 4-foot long pieces from the wide silk ribbon. Hot-glue the middle of each ribbon inside the bottom of a slipper or shoe. (Ribbon ends will wrap around the child?s legs in a crisscross pattern.)
Suggestion: Pair the leotard, crown, wrist bands, and slippers with a lavender tutu and white tights.