continue reading below
How to Make It
- For a rigid surface to lay out the web, cut out a rectangle of cardboard 4 inches larger all around than the window measurement.
- Cut a piece of blanket binding for each side of the window.
- Arrange the blanket binding pieces on the cardboard, using straight pins to hold the binding in place on the cardboard frame.
- Glue the binding edges together at the corners.
- For the spokes of the web, cut lengths of ribbon to crisscross across the frame. Insert ribbon ends into the binding openings, apply glue, and pin in place until dry.
- To create the web design, weave yarn between the ribbon spokes, gluing and pinning it to the ribbons at intersections. Let dry.
- Tack into place around the window.