This Halloween greeting is as friendly as the smile on the jack-o'-lantern's face.
Made from colorful felt outlined with glitter fabric paint, the banner sports a wide rickrack edging.
2. Enlarge and trace the pattern pieces. Cut out. Trace around the pattern pieces on the corresponding colors of felt and on the fusible interfacing. Cut out all pieces. Cut strips of lavender felt with pinking shears for the edge trim.
3. According to the product instructions, iron the interfacing onto the felt pieces, keeping the paper backing on one side. Remove paper after ironing. Arrange the felt pieces on the purple background. Iron in place and let cool.
4. Outline the letters and shapes with glitter paint; let dry. To add gems in a random pattern, squirt a pea-size ball of glitter paint onto felt. Carefully place gem into center of paint and gently press down. Let dry.
5. Use fabric glue to add yellow rickrack around the banner edges. Let the glue dry.
6. Use a small amount of wood glue to attach a wood doll head onto each end of the dowel. Let dry.
7. Paint the dowel and the wood balls green. Let dry.
8. Fold the top of the felt banner around the dowel and glue it to the back side of felt using fabric glue.
9. Cut a 30-inch piece of ribbon. Fold it in half and tie a big bow in the center. Tie a knot in each ribbon end close to the bow. Keeping the bow centered, loop each end of the ribbon onto ends of the dowel.