What You Need:
Turn an ordinary bag into a fun
- Small brown paper bag with handles
- Yellow, lime green, black, orange, lavender card stock
- Craft glue or glue fun and hotmelt adhesive
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Cut one circle for the head and circles for the hands from the lime green card stock. Cut the hat, hair, cape, feet, broom handle, mouth, tooth, and the wrap on the broom straw from black card stock. Use a hole punch to create the eyes. Cut a large yellow circle for the moon.
3. Fan-fold the paper in 1/2-inch folds, then cut 1/4-inch strips from paper to create the black hair and the yellow broom straw. Out of the orange card stock, cut a had band 3/8 inches wide, and several long strips 1/4 inches wide for curly ribbon. Following the pattern, cut the dres and sleeves out of lavender card stock.
4. Assemble the witch by centering the cape 1-1/2 inches from the bottom of the bag and attach with glue. Affix the feet to the bottom underside of the dress and then glue the lavender dress on top of the cape. The dress should be 1/2 inches below the cape. Attach the green hands to the sleeves with glue, and then glue the sleeves in place. The moon is glued in the upper left corner of the sack 3/4 inches from the top.
5. Glue the eyes, mouth, and tooth to the face and attach the head to the bag. The hair is glued with longer clumps at the edges of the hat and shorter strands in the middle, also attach the orange hat band. Glue the hat and hair to the bag.
6. Attach the broom handle to the bag, then fold several yellow strips of paper in half, wrap a black strand around the straw and glue to the bag.
7. Check to make sure that the card stock cut-outs are firmly glued to the bag. Make curly ribbon from the long thin strips of orange paper by running it over the edge of a scissor's blade and tie to the handle.