Spooky Wooden Pumpkins
Here's a ghostly way to show off your basic woodworking skills.
Upload your photo here.
This trio with sanded edges will tickle little ghouls and goblins on trick-or-treat night.
2. Trace/transfer patterns. To make this project, enlarge and trace the patterns. Use a copy machine and enlarge each pattern at 200 percent or create the patterns with tracing paper and the grid scale. Transfer the patterns to the 1-inch pine.
3. Cut out shapes. Cut out the pumpkin shapes using a band saw. Use a jigsaw to cut out the face details. Remove sawdust using a tack cloth.
4. Paint shapes. Paint the pumpkins white. Let the paint dry. Sand the edges as desired to create a worn look.
- Place a picture hanger on the back of each wood pumpkin to hang on the wall.
- Set these cutouts along the trick-or-treat path, placing a small votive candle in a holder behind each pumpkin.