What You'll Need
- Chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
- White paint
- Ruby glass beads
- Brown pom-pom
- Red paper
- Crafts glue
- Round piece of candy
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Form the legs: Trim 2 inches from one end of each of four chenille stems.
- Twist two chenille stems together in the center, forming an "X"
- Twist the center of another stem around the center of the X, creating an asterisk shape.
- Repeat with the remaining stem, creating an eight-spoke shape.
- Push down on the center twists to form a pocket for the wrapped round candy body (we used a Ferrero Rondnoir, available at stores such as Target and Michaels).
- Bend down the legs at the knees.
- Create the fangs: Paint the tips of one toothpick white; let dry. Cut the tips from the toothpick.
- Assemble the spider: Glue the candy body into the legs pocket. Adhere two 6mm ruby glass beads for eyes to a 1-inch-diameter brown pom-pom for the head.
- Glue the head to the body. Cut a small bowtie shape from red paper and glue to the back of the spider.
- Dip the cut ends of the fangs into crafts glue and insert into the pom-pom head.
- Finished size: 5 inches wide, 2 1/2 inches tall, 4 inches deep.