Make a few shapes and sizes for a festive decorative collection.
What You Need:
- Tracing paper
- 9x12" pieces of felt: 2 orange, 1 yellow, and 1 green
- Straight pins
- Bucilla 4mm silk ribbon: Forest Green #628 and Orange #522
- No. 18 chenille needle
- 3 green buttons
- Green sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- Disappearing-ink pen
- Polyester fiberfill
1. Download the patterns. Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.
2. Trace the pumpkin, eye, nose, and mouth shapes and the stem shape onto tracing paper as separate pattern pieces, and cut them out. From the orange felt, cut two pumpkins. Cut one mouth, two eyes, and one nose from the yellow felt. Cut two stems from the green felt.
3. Referring to the photograph, position the eyes, nose, and mouth on one pumpkin piece, and pin them in place. Stitch the pieces in place with running stitches using orange ribbon and the chenille needle.
4. Use the sewing needle and green sewing thread to stitch a green button onto the nose and onto each eye. Referring to the pattern and the photograph, draw three lines on the pumpkin from top to bottom with the disappearing-ink pen. Stitch over the lines with running stitches using green ribbon. Don't stitch over the eye or mouth pieces.
5. Pin the pumpkin-stem front to the back, and stitch them together with running stitches using orange ribbon. Stuff the stem lightly with fiberfill before closing.
6. Pin the pumpking front to the back. Sandwich the bottom edge of of the stem between the pumpkin front and back at the center top, and pin it in place. Stitch the pieces together around the outside edges with blanket stitches using green ribbon. Stuff the pumpkin with fiberfill before closing.