Pumpkin Patch Candles
Pieces of wire appear to lace the miniature pumpkins together as they encircle a towering candle.
What You Need:
- White wax, candle, or paraffin
- Old metal saucepan and tin can
- 3-wick black candle
- Orange and black glitter
- Approximately 10 miniature pumpkins
- 18-gauge wire
- Wire cutters
- Soup can
- Small, round tray
1. To melt wax, break up pieces and place in tin can. Place can in a saucepan filled halfway with water. Heat on stove until melted, never leaving the wax unattended. Pour the wax over top and edges of the black candle. Sprinkle glitter over the wet wax.
2. Cut ten 6-inch-long and ten 3-inch-long pieces of wire. If using more pumpkins, you will need to cut more wires.
3. Bend the long pieces of wire around a soup can to shape into an arch. Use pliers to shape the short pieces of wire into Vs.
4. With an awl, poke holes into the top of each pumpkin as shown in the photos.
5. Arrange the candle and pumpkins on a tray. Insert the wires into the pumpkins as shown. Note: Never leave a burning candle unattended.