Skip the pumpkin patch and handcraft your own smiling jack-o'-lanterns this Halloween. The trick to these pumpkins is layering strips of tissue paper around a balloon.
1. Download the free face pattern(s) of your choice and the leaf pattern; set aside.
2. Blow up a balloon and tie it off.
3. Dip strips of orange tissue paper in water-thinned Mod Podge decoupage medium. Wrap the strips around the balloon until it's covered.
4. When the strips have dried, pop the balloon with a pin and discard the balloon.
5. Cut out the face pattern pieces and trace them onto black paper. Cut out and hot-glue them to the pumpkin.
6. Twist a piece of black paper into a stem and hot-glue it to the top of the pumpkin.
7. Fold a piece of black paper in half. Trace the leaf pattern onto the paper with the dashed edge of the pattern aligned with the folded edge of the paper. Cut out the leaf shape and cut along the traced slit lines. Unfold the leaf.
8. Cut two leaves and hot-glue them to both ends of a 1/2-inch-wide strip of black paper; wrap the strips around the stem and hot-glue into place.