Painted Tote Trio
What You Need:
Fill these painted totes
with Creepy Candy Mix.
- Clear jars or glasses with a lip or threads
- Tracing paper
- Scissors; tape
- Glass paints in black, green, yellow, orange, purple, and white
- Paintbrush; pencil with round-tip eraser
- Chenille stems in black, orange, purple, and yellow
1. Download the free patterns. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Prepare jars. Wash and dry each jar or glass. Avoid touching the areas to be painted.
4. Paint jars. Paint the cat black, the pumpkin orange, or the swirl lime green (a mixture of green and yellow). Let the paint dry. Using the photograph as a guide, paint on the details. If paints are layered, be sure to let the paint dry between coats. To add small dots, dip the handle end of a paintbrush into paint and dot onto the surface. For the larger dots, use the eraser end of a pencil.
5. Add handle. To make a handle, use two contrasting chenille stems. Align ends and twist 1 inch from the ends. Bring long ends around jar top, one in front and one in back. Continue twisting chenille stems together, keeping them tight so they hold the jar. Twist the ends together to form the handle. (Note: This project is ideal for tabletop use, and not recommended for children to carry around.)
Creepy Candy Mix
What You Need:
- 8-ounce bag candy-coated, peanut butter-flavor pieces
- 1 cup candy corn
- 10-1/2-ounce bag miniature marshmallows
Toss the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Makes about 7 cups.