Make a Batty Vampire Garnish
A quick, simple trip to the deli counter gives you the tools to make this batty vampire garnish for your Halloween party.
What You'll Need
- Miniature circle cookie cutter
- Wooden skewers
- Red food coloring
continue reading below
How to Make It
- At the deli counter, ask the personnel to cut 1/4-inch-thick slices of salami. Cut the salami slice in half. You will be able to cut two wings from each slice.
- Using a metal miniature circle cookie cutter (or the head portion of a small gingerbread-man cookie cutter), press half circles along the curved edge of the salami.
- Use a tiny gherkin for the bat body.
- Press the stems of wholes cloves into the wide end of the gherkin for eyes. Push the wings and then the body onto a wooden skewer.
- If desired, tint the top of the skewer with red food coloring and let it flow onto the gherkin.