What You'll Need
- Tracing paper
- Black card stock
- Terrifically Tacky Tape: 1 sheet and 1/4-inch-wide strip-style
- Acrylic rhinestones: 4x7mm marquise shape
- Fine glitter: black
- Black chenille stems, cut to 6-inch lengths
How to Make It
- Trace the cat pattern onto tracing paper; cut out. For each topper transfer the pattern twice onto card stock to make a cat front and cat back.
- Remove the protective film from one side of the sheet tape and press the tape onto the blank side of the card stock. Cut out two cats.
- For the cat front, remove the protective film and press rhinestones onto the face as eyes. Pour glitter onto the adhesive, covering the cat with sparkles. Tap off excess glitter. Repeat for the back, eliminating the eyes.
- Cut small pieces of 1/4-inch strip tape and press the adhesive side onto the wrong side of the back at the neck, head, and sides. Remove the film from the tape at the neck and head; press the front and back together, matching the shapes.
- Insert the eraser end of the pencil between the two body halves. Carefully remove the film from the tape and press the two bodies together. Use a short piece of strip tape to hold the chenille-stem tail to the bottom of the cat back, positioning the tail to the bottom of the cat back, positioning the tail so it points up.
- Remove the film from the tape; sprinkle glitter over it. Wrap the end of the tail around the pencil.