Muslin Cat Miniature Craft
Make these miniature black cat faces from muslin, acrylic paint, and a bit of ground cinnamon for a fun Halloween decoration to put around the house.
- Trace outline of the downloadable cat pattern onto tracing paper and cut out. On doubled muslin, trace the pattern once each for the desired number of cat faces, leaving 1/2 -inch between the shapes.
- Sew around each shape through doubled muslin, leaving openings as indicated on the pattern.
- Cut out shapes a scant 1/4-inch from stitching. Clip curves and corners. Turn shapes right side out and stuff with fiberfill. Slip-stitch openings closed.
- Paint the front and back of a cat face with black and let dry. Referring to the pattern, draw features on the front. Vary mouth shapes on cats, tilting some mouths to one side. Paint eyes, nose, and mouth with orange; let dry. Paint teeth and whiskers with off-white. Dot eyes with black.
- Mix fabric stiffener with brown paint until the mixture is the color of light chocolate. Using the sponge brush, paint each shape with the mixture. Let shapes dry.
- To finish the shapes, rub ground cinnamon on the fronts and backs. Wipe off excess cinnamon.