What You'll Need
- Black chenille stems
- York Peppermint Pattie
- Dark card stock or construction paper
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Purple pom-poms
- Red dimensional paint
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Cut three 5-1/2-inch-long black chenille stem pieces.
- Twist the pieces together in the center to create 6 spokes for legs.
- Bend knees and ankles as desired.
- Place hot glue in the center of the twisted legs, and then press to the wrong side of a small wrapped York Peppermint Pattie.
- Cut wings and mandibles from dark paper.
- Tape or glue mandibles to the underside of the pattie; adhere wings on top.
- Hot-glue two 3/8-inch-diameter purple pom-poms to the front for eyes, adding a small wiggle eye in the center of each.
- Color the ends of the mandibles with red dimensional paint.