Make a Ghostly Halloween Treat Bag
Craft these simple ghostly treat bags for an easy, candy-filled surprise for Halloween.
What You'll Need
- Tracing paper (19 x 24 inches)
- Double-stick adhesive tape
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Wiggle eyes
- Red chenille stem
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Cut a piece of tracing paper to measure 12 x 17 inches (we used a 19-x-24-inch sheet from a tracing paper pad; available at art supply stores).
- Fold the paper into thirds to measure 4 x 17 inches.
- Roll up 1/2 inch twice on one short (bottom) end; secure with double-stick adhesive tape, forming the bag.
- Cut a rolling edge along the top of the bag. Turn down the top edge, folding the bag in half.
- Hot-glue two 7/8-inch-tall oval wiggle eyes in place.
- Mark two dots on the bag 2 1/4 inches from the top edge and 3/4 inch from each side.
- Punch a hole through all tracing-paper layers at each dot using a hole punch.
- Form a ghost mouth from a 7-inch length of red chenille stem, leaving 1 inch extra chenille stem at each end.
- Lift the flap and fill the bag with wrapped candy. Fold down the flap; thread the mouth ends through the holes and bend into small circles on the back to secure. The finished size is approximately 4 x 8 inches.