Make a Creepy Halloween Tree
Bring the ambience of the outdoors in by attaching a skeletal paper tree to the wall and trimming the branches with framed paper silhouettes.
What You Need
- Roll of heavy black paper
- Low-tack tape or reusable wall putty
- Computer and printer
- White letter-size computer printer paper
- Spray mount adhesive
- Black poster board
How to Make It
- Enlarge the tree pattern to desired size. Cut out the pattern.
- Draw around the pattern on heavy black paper; cut out.
- Hang on the wall with tape or sticky puttylike adhesive.
- For the portraits, in a word-processing or page layout program, place desired 5-x-7-inch to 8-x-10-inch clip-art borders.
- Add your own silhouettes or clip-art silhouette images as you like. Print images and cut out.
- In a well-ventilated area, liberally spray mounting adhesive on the back of each "portrait." Let dry.
- Center and press the portraits onto the black poster board; cut out. Hang the silhouettes on the tree with tape or adhesive.