Make a Bat Sconce for Halloween
Use a shelf bracket and other simple materials to make this slightly creepy bat-shape sconce for Halloween. Dim the lights, and let the candlelight glow set a moody vibe.
What You'll Need
- Black poster board
- 2 peel-and-stick eyes designed for scrapbooking
- Crafts knife
- Shelf bracket with predrilled holes
- 3-inch length of 1/4-inch dowel
- Dowel cap for 1/4-inch dowel
- Black paint
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Crafts glue
- Candle cup
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Transfer the pattern and cut the bat from poster board. Add eyes.
- Paint the dowel and dowel cap black; let dry. Hot-glue the dowel to the back center of the bat.
- Use crafts glue to adhere the dowel cap under a predrilled hole in the shelf bracket, aligning holes.
- Insert the dowel through the predrilled bracket hole and into the dowel cap, securing the bat to the bracket.
- Glue the candle cup several inches behind the bat. Let the glue dry.