Long-Legged Spider Craft for Halloween
Elicit Halloween shrieks and screams with this oversize spider, made in a few steps with simple supplies.
What You'll Need
- Plastic foam balls: four 1-1/2-inch, one 2-1/2-inch (We used Styrofoam.)
- Crafts knife
- Eight 16-inch-long pieces of wire (Choose black wire if available to prevent need for painting.)
- Black acrylic crafts paint
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- 3/8-inch googly eyes
- Crafts glue
- Scrap of orange felt
How to Make It
- Cut the 1-1/2-inch foam balls in half with a crafts knife. Paint all the ball pieces and wires black.
- Bend the wires about 4 inches from the end to form the knee. Using hot glue, adhere the shorter ends of the wires into the sides of the 2-1/2-inch foam ball, four to each side.
- Glue a half ball onto the other end of each wire, making sure the ball sits flat on the tabletop.
- Attach googly eyes to the 2-1/2-inch ball with crafts glue. Cut eyebrows and mouth from felt; attach to spider face with crafts glue.