Fill this decoupaged-crepe-paper pumpkin shell with shredded paper pieces and wrapped goodies for little ones to enjoy.
1. Prepare balloon. Cover your work surface with newspapers. Blow up a balloon to about the size of a baseball. Secure the end.
2. Secure balloon. Cut a small X in the center of the foam plate using a crafts knife. From the top of the plate, pull the knot of the balloon to the back of the plate. This will help hold the balloon while you work.
3. Layer crepe paper. Use scissors to cut several squares from the crepe paper roll. Cover the bottom two-thirds of the balloon with a coat of decoupage medium. Add crepe paper squares over this area, using decoupage medium to stick the pieces to the balloon. Continue adding more crepe paper squares until at least two layers cover the entire two-thirds of the balloon. Paint a coat of decoupage medium over the crepe paper. Let it dry.
4. Carve pumpkin. Pop the balloon and remove it. Place a foam ball inside the crepe paper cup. Use a crafts knife to cut the desired face in one side. Remove foam ball.
6. Make handle. Punch a hole on each side of the face, approximately 1 inch from the top. Insert an eyelet in the hole and secure it using the eyelet tool as directed on the tool package. Braid or twist wires together to make a handle. Insert the wire ends through the eyelet holes. To finish the wire ends, wrap them around an ice pick or skewer.